Note: Though somewhat incomplete on the ‘how to avoid’ side, this information (provided by Apple) may be helpful in identifying and/or removing the malware from your system if you’ve downloaded it.
How to protect yourself from trojans when banking online
- Make sure your anti-virus software is up to date.
- Keep firewalls set to the highest level.
- Never open an e-mail attachment from someone you don’t know.
- Never double-click on an e-mail attachment that ends in .exe. It is an ‘executable’ file and can do what it likes in your system.
- If you think your machine has already been infected, contact your bank immediately. If the bank thinks you are a genuine victim of fraud it will reimburse you.